We have the availability of an own laboratory for waste analyses. Most important in waste analyses in solid waste are:
- Precision balance: to determine exact weights of the material, we have a precision balance, which can measure till 0.001 g accuracy. This is needed to determine the dry- and organic matter of the waste streams.
- Drying oven: to dry waste for the determination of the dry matter percentage, we have a drying oven which can dry in a range of 50oC till 250oC. All water will evaporate, so the exact dry matter content can be defined.
- Burning oven: With our burning oven, we can burn all organic material. In this way we can define the organic matter percentage of the waste stream. Based on this information ,we can decide which technologies are possible to handle the waste.
- Simple analyses: with the help of temperature, conductivity, pH and/or oxygen analysers, we can say a lot more of the conditions of the product. Especially conductivity and pH say a lot if biological treatment can be used.
- Centrifuge: one of the main used material in water treatment is a centrifuge. Therefore we have an adjustable centrifuge, which can operate in variable rotation per minute (RPM). With the help of a centrifuge, we can decide if centrifugal forces are possible in the final solution.
- Cuvette tests: With our Dr. Lange cuvette test spectrometer, we can analyse almost any dissolved substances. The most common tests are N, P, K analyses, heavy metals, COD and BOD.
- Filtration: If separation of liquid and solid, or 2 different sizes of solid materials is needed, we can do a filtration test. Based on the material, we have several filtration units. In example sieves, vacuum filters, pressure filters, belt filters, pre-coat filters etc.
- Drying: We also have several drying equipment, beside our drying ovens, we also have a vacuum dryer, freeze dryer, air dryer etc.
- Polymer: We are capable to do basic polymer tests. Most of the time, when separating by filtration or centrifuge is not possible with small sized particles, polymer can be the solution. By testing we can advise which type of polymer can be applied and which volumes are needed. We have close contact with polymer suppliers, which can assist us in the right polymer decisions.
- Stirrers: we have a wide range of stirrers, in this way we can always guaranty a homogenous input of the waste.
- Grinding: In the process industry, there are several ways of grinding. In our lab, we have various of small versions of these machines. Some examples are ball grinder, mortar, attritor, knife mills, etc.
These are just the main testing devices we have. We also have the availability of more specific equipment. Based on the results of the laboratory tests, we can propose the right tests which have to be done on model scale. If needed, a second discussion with the client will take place to determine which tests are useful and how these test will take place.
Read more at Demonstration model.